The church was founded in Cardigan in 1880 as a daughter church of Bethania Welsh Baptist Church whose land we share. In 2005, the church celebrated its 125th anniversary. The building itself is a listed building, and in some respects is a typical example of the architecture used in Baptist non-conformity.
Ministers during the last 50 years have included:
- Rev. Dr. Leighton James
- Rev. Roland Bevan
- Rev. David Kingdon
- Rev. Ifan Mason Davies
- Rev. Dr. Gareth Edwards
- Rev. Stephen Evans
The Local Area
The county of Ceredigion has featured prominently in all of the Welsh revivals:
- 1735 at Llangeitho in the north of the county
- 1859 in the Aberystwyth area
- 1904 at Newcastle Emlyn and Blaenannerch where God’s anointing came upon Evan Roberts.